One-to-One Guitar Tuition Leeds
Take the stage
New for 2019 are student concerts for my students, giving you a real-world experience of what it’s like to be a performing musician. Student concerts are a powerful motivator for practice, and are a lot of fun.
I will take you through the skills required to perform in front of an audience: song preparation, using stage equipment, performing in lower pressure situations, performing with distractions, stage presence, and anxiety reduction – So even if you see yourself as the shakiest performer, we can be sure you’re ready to take the stage.
Contact Chris for details about the next student concert.
Music Theory for Guitarists
After helping countless guitarists with theory questions, I have written a course of Music Theory lessons broken down into logical steps for Guitar. Although ‘theory’ usually suggests written exams and lots of sheet music, it really isn’t that. I explain everything in day to day terms for regular people. I always relate these ideas to the instrument, so you can actually use the information. If you’re the sort of person who likes to know the inner workings of things, these lessons can be valuable, and can be applied to all styles of music.
Ear Training for Guitarists
I can also help you play what you hear with Ear Training exercises. These are ideal for self taught players who want to fill in any gaps in their knowledge, intermediate players who want to develop their improvising or playback skills, or for beginners who want to build a solid foundation right from the start.
Music Theory & Ear Training topics are usually covered as part of One-to-One Guitar tuition, or can be taken as stand-alone lessons. We’ll discuss your needs in our first lesson.
Guitar Grades & Exam Preparation
Students who wish to gain a recognised qualification can be guided through Rockschool or Trinity Rock graded exams. I can advise on whether Grades are right for you, and which exam board to go with, depending on your learning style and goals.
Guitar Tuition Leeds Location
Chris’ dedicated teaching room in Burley, Leeds, is an ideal environment for learning. It’s a 10 minute walk from Burley Park train station, and just off Burley Road, LS4. Here’s a map:
- Lessons are held in a relaxed & supportive atmosphere.
- Take weekly, fornightly, or flexible lessons.
- Learn in a dedicated teaching room with natural light, spare guitars, amps, laptop, teaching materials, and recording equipment.
- Parents can sit in on the lessons, and enjoy Free Wi-Fi, Tea & Coffee.
- Get booking confirmations & reminders, straight to your phone or email.
- Students can borrow an instrument for lessons – Acoustic or Electric. You’ll need a guitar to practice on between lessons.
- Get unlimited email support in-between lessons.
- Pay by card or cash, or save more with block booking discounts.
How to start
If this all sounds good to you, then check my availability below and book your introductory call. This is a chance for you to discuss your personal requirements with me.