Changes to In-Person Teaching, updated January 2022:
- Those who have coronavirus (COVID-19) symptoms, or who have someone in their household who does or who have been advised by NHS Test & Trace to self-isolate, should follow guidance to stay at home.
- If lockdown measures come back into effect, all scheduled face-to-face lessons will be held via Zoom.
Instruments & what to bring:
- Whenever possible, bring your own instrument (you can plug in to an amp & cable here – these will be cleaned after each use).
- If you don’t have your own instrument (for example if this is your first lesson), one spare instrument will be provided. This will be cleaned after use.
- For children’s lessons, only the parent & child will be allowed to attend.
- From 27th January, you are encouraged to wear a face mask in indoor spaces, but this is not compulsory. Children under 11 don’t need to wear a mask.
- Keep your distance (2m) to protect both me and yourself.
- Parents are encouraged to wait outside in the garden seating area, weather permitting, or in their car.
Testing & Vaccinations:
- Get vaccinated (if you are able to)
- I understand that this is a personal view, but I do want to encourage it.
- Take regular lateral flow tests, ideally before and after coming to a lesson in-person.
- My partner now also works from home, so noise should be kept to a minimum to allow her to make calls without interruptions.
- No siblings are to be brought along.
- Singing or shouting carries a greater risk, so this should be avoided.
Cleaning & Hygiene:
- Use the hand sanitiser provided on arrival.
- Avoid touching door handles, surfaces, or your face.
- Contact surfaces will be cleaned regularly.
- Windows or doors will be kept open to increase ventilation.
- Door handles & touch points will be cleaned regularly.
- Please be aware that I have two cats. If you have allergies, please consider online lessons instead.
94% of my students said online lessons work better than they expected.
6% said they are the same as expected.
Click below to schedule a free online trial lesson.