Changes to In-Person Teaching, updated 1st January 2021:
Given Covid-19 could be with us for a long time, I am making changes in the teaching environment to keep students, parents, and myself safe. In the few rare cases where online learning will not be possible, I am offering in-person lessons subject to the requirements listed on this page. Currently, although mixing of households is not legal, there are exemptions that allow visitors from other households for work / education purposes, provided a risk assessment has been done and safety measures are in place.
- Those who have coronavirus (COVID-19) symptoms, or who have someone in their household who does or who have been advised by NHS Test & Trace to self-isolate, should follow guidance to stay at home.
- 30 minute maximum lesson time (the longer the visit, the higher the risk). This includes any time for setting up & packing away.
- Travel in your own vehicle or by walking or bike, rather than taking public transport.
- If stricter lockdown measures come back into effect (e.g. Tier 4), all scheduled face-to-face lessons will be held via Zoom.
Instruments & what to bring:
- Whenever possible, bring your own instrument (you can plug in to an amp & cable here – these will be cleaned after each use).
- If you don’t have your own instrument (for example if this is your first lesson), one spare instrument will be provided. This will need to be cleaned after use.
- Bring any accessories you might need (No tuners, capos, or plectrums will be given to students.)
- Bring a personal tablet / phone with enough charge. We will use this to show your music.
- For children’s lessons, only the parent & child will be allowed to attend.
- Face coverings can help reduce the spread from people who are contagious but have no symptoms or are yet to develop symptoms. Adult students and Parents are required to wear a face covering. Children under 11 and those who have breathing difficulties don’t need to wear a mask.
- Keep your distance (2m) at all times to protect both me and yourself.
- No “hands on” adjustments will be given (see above).
- Lessons will not be scheduled back-to-back. If you arrive early, please wait until your allocated slot begins.
- Parents are encouraged to wait outside, weather permitting, or in their car.
- For indoor lessons, furniture will be arranged to maximise floor space, and a screen will be placed between the student and teacher.
- My partner now also works from home, so noise should be kept to a minimum to allow her to make calls without interruptions.
- No siblings are to be brought along.
- Singing or shouting carries a greater risk, so this should be avoided.
Cleaning & Hygiene:
- Use the hand sanitiser provided on arrival.
- Avoid touching surfaces or your face.
- Contact surfaces will be cleaned before and after your visit.
- Windows or doors will be kept open to increase ventilation.
- Door handles & touch points will be cleaned after each visit.
- The toilet & teaching space will be cleaned more often than usual.
- Please be aware that I have two cats. If you have allergies, please consider online lessons instead.
94% of my students said online lessons work better than they expected.
6% said they are the same as expected.
Click below to schedule a free trial lesson.