Song-based, Structured Guitar Lessons for Adults in Leeds & Online
Learn to play your favourite songs, on Acoustic or Electric Guitar.
Develop your skills, without developing bad habits.
Schedule a trial lesson, or keep reading to find out more.
Complete Beginner Friendly
You might not have an idea of what guitar lessons are like. They’re not as scary as you might think.
You might be doubting yourself as to whether you will be able to play guitar. Here are two things I can tell you now:
1. It won’t all be easy. It can be difficult at times.
2. I truly believe anyone who wants to play guitar can do it, with the right approach.
It’s not about having “talent” or being “gifted”. This might sound obvious, but people aren’t born as guitar players. I’ve trained adults who started as complete beginners, even in retirement, with no previous musical experience. They might not be rockstars, but they can play!
If I provide the structure & guidance, the resources, and the feedback, can you commit to practice for 30 to 45 minutes of your day?
Tried teaching yourself to play?
How many of these problems have you come across?
- Buzzy/twangy sounds from the strings
- Difficulty switching between chords smoothly & quickly
- You have a bunch of half-learnt songs and nothing you can play from start to finish
- Strumming that sounds unnatural & clunky
- Struggling to remember chords, songs, or scales
- A lack of structure & not getting anywhere with a random approach
- Learning songs in a “spoon-fed” way, by following (often inaccurate) YouTube videos or TABs.
- You’re unable to tell if there is a problem with your instrument, or your playing
- Barre chords seem impossible
- Feeling like there’s a lack of time to practise
If any of these sound familiar, you're not alone. I've helped hundreds of guitar players who had these same hurdles.
Guitar Lessons for Adults, with structure & guidance
I have a structured approach to teaching, meaning that you should know exactly what do to, when to do it, how to do it, and when you can stop doing it. We get everything down on a task-list, that you can check off as you go. Unlike others, I’m not making this up as I go along.
I’ve helped hundreds of students play their favourite music on guitar, over the last 7 years. Most of them started as complete beginners, with no musical knowledge. I truly believe that anyone can learn to play, with the right approach.
If you’re ever watched YouTube, you’ve probably been bombarded by adverts for Guitar learning apps. Apps like this will claim to be a replacement for a guitar teacher. Some will even listen to you play – but none can comment on things like:
There are some things that a video or books can’t provide, such as:
Who my adult guitar lessons are for:
My guitar lessons are NOT for:
Get started today
Schedule a Trial Lesson today. Click the button below to start.
Amateur guitar notation
Beware of low quality guitar TABs like these. Often the notes can be inaccurate, but with no way of knowing until you've learned the song. You can't hear the example, there's no guidance for rhythm, and there are no built-in practise tools. If you are searching for random TABs online, with no strategy or consideration of techniques, your chances of success are slim.
Interactive notation with real audio
All of your music will be available in easy to read, auto-scrolling, tempo-adjustable, colour-coded Tablature, with optional rhythm notation and chord diagrams. Hear the real audio to tell exactly how it should sound. You can even loop sections for practise. The order of the songs is carefully selected, to make a logical learning path.