Song-Based Guitar Lessons for Adults in Leeds
Learn to play your favourite songs, on Acoustic or Electric Guitar.
Develop your skills, step-by-step.
No judgement. No stress.
Get in touch for a free introductory lesson, or keep reading to find out more.
“I’ve been with Chris for a year and have found him to be not only an expert tutor, but extremely patient. He has an excellent command of modern pieces as well as classics and I would heartily recommend him to young and old alike”
– Damian Collins, Leeds
“I’ve only been having lessons with Chris for a few weeks but i’ve already seen lots of improvement with my playing. His approach to teaching is very tailored and helps you get what you want from his lessons and get you closer to your long term goals each session.”
– Jamie Moore, Leeds
Complete Beginner Friendly
You might not have an idea of what guitar lessons are like. Don’t worry, they’re not as scary as you might think.
You might be doubting yourself as to whether you will be able to play guitar. Here are two things I can tell you now:
1. It won’t all be easy. It can be difficult at times.
2. I truly believe anyone who wants to play guitar can do it, with the right approach.
It’s not about having “talent” or being “gifted”. This might sound obvious, but people aren’t born as guitar players. I’ve trained adults who started as complete beginners, even in retirement, with no previous musical experience. They might not be rockstars, but they can play!
If I provide the structure & guidance, the tasks, and the feedback, can you commit to practice for 15 to 30 minutes of your day?
Tried teaching yourself to play?
How many of these problems have you come across?
- Buzzy/twangy sounds from the strings
- Difficulty switching between chords smoothly & quickly
- Strumming that sounds unnatural & clunky
- Struggling to remember chords, songs, or scales
- Feeling like there’s a lack of time to practice
- A lack of structure & not getting anywhere with a random approach
- Learning songs in a “spoon-fed” way, by following (often inaccurate) YouTube videos or TABs.
- You have a bunch of half-learnt songs and nothing you can play from start to finish
- You’re unable to tell if there is a problem with your instrument, or your playing
- Barre chords seem impossible
If any of these sound familiar, you’re not alone. I’ve helped hundreds of guitar players who had these same hurdles.
There are some things that a video or books can’t provide, such as:
- Instant answers to your questions
- A trained eye who can see you play & spot bad habits
- Accurate Play-Along TABs & notation for the songs you love
- Correcting timing & rhythmic errors
- A custom-made course based around the music you love
Guitar Lessons for Adults, with structure & guidance
I have a structured approach to teaching, meaning that you should know exactly what do to, when to do it, how to do it, and when you can stop doing it. We get everything down on a task-list, that you can check off as you go.
I’ve helped hundreds of students play their favourite music on guitar, over the last 6 years. Most of them started as complete beginners, with no musical knowledge. I truly believe that anyone can learn to play, with the right approach.
Who my adult guitar lessons are for:
People who are either complete beginners, or can’t break past the beginner level.
Self-taught guitar players looking to fill in any gaps in their skills or knowledge.
Guitar players returning to the instrument after a long break.
Anyone looking for a step-by-step plan, with a way to track your progress.
Players who can’t change chords quickly & smoothly enough.
Anyone who wants a better, more natural way to strum, without memorising “Down, Down, Up, Up Down, Down…” patterns
Fans of Rock, Indie, Alternative Rock & Folk Music, or pretty much any popular songs from the 1950s – present.
My guitar lessons are NOT for:
Anyone wanting to learn Classical Guitar, Country, or Metal. I teach Acoustic, Rock & Pop Lessons.
Guitar players who can easily play songs from start to finish, with good flow & timing, work out songs by ear, and improvise or write their own music.
Anyone who wants to try and tackle advanced techniques before mastering the basics.
Get started for free
Would you like some more information about guitar lessons for adults? Or a free trial lesson? Click the button below to start: