One-to-One Guitar Tuition Leeds
Guitar Tuition for all ages: Chris has students aged 7, people in retirement, and all ages in-between.
Are you a beginner? Chris can guide you through a course of lessons that will get you playing real songs, while developing your skills along the way.
At beginner level, easy songs, warm-ups, basic chord shapes, strumming, posture, ear training, and ways to practise are all covered.
Guitar Tuition for Children aged 7 and up
Chris teaches the basics of guitar playing through musical games, rhythm & movement, note reading, TAB reading, easy riffs, TV themes, pop hits, sound stories, and chord playing for small hands.
He has taught children as young as 7, and regularly teaches primary school children in Leeds.
Music Theory Course & Ear Training for Guitarists
After helping countless guitarists with theory questions, Chris has written a course of Music Theory lessons broken down into logical steps for Guitar.
He can also help you play what you hear with Ear Training exercises. These are ideal for self taught players who want to fill in any gaps in their knowledge, intermediate players who want to know why something sounds good, or for beginners who want to build a solid foundation right from the start.
Music Theory & Ear Training topics are usually covered as part of One-to-One Guitar tuition, or can be taken as stand-alone lessons.
Guitar Grades & Exam Preparation
Students who wish to gain a recognised qualification can be guided through Rockschool or RGT graded exams. Chris will advise on whether Grades are right for you, and which exam board to go with.
What styles does Chris teach?
Chris teaches most acoustic and electric guitar styles to people of all ages.
He specialises in Rock, Pop, Acoustic & Fingerstyle guitar, from absolute beginner to advanced level. Some students come to him wanting to play in a specific style, or learn specific songs, in which case he’s happy to help.
Guitar Tuition Leeds Location
Chris’ dedicated teaching room in Burley, Leeds, is an ideal environment for learning. It’s a 10 minute walk from Burley Park train station, and just off Burley Road, LS4. Here’s a map:
You can click next to the star rating above to read the reviews.
- Lessons are held in a relaxed & supportive atmosphere.
- Learn in a dedicated teaching room with natural light, spare guitars, amps, laptop, teaching materials, and recording equipment.
- Parents can relax in the waiting area with Free Wi-Fi, Magazines, Tea, Coffee & Hot Chocolate. Or, if you prefer, you can sit in on the lessons.
- Get booking confirmations & reminders, straight to your phone or email.
- Students can borrow an instrument for lessons – Acoustic, Electric, or Nylon. You’ll need a guitar to practice on between lessons.
- Pay by card or cash, get off-peak rates, or save more with block booking discounts.
- Try it out before you commit to regular lessons – the first lesson is free!
Contact Chris if you have any questions about guitar or taking lessons.
You can also see his availability and book online – find a time that suits you.
“I’ve been with Chris for a year and have found him to be not only an expert tutor, but extremely patient. He has an excellent command of modern pieces as well as classics and I would heartily recommend him to young and old alike”
– Damian Collins, Leeds
Book in a free trial lesson with Chris today.